Some of the symptoms of methamphetamine use are:
- Loss of appetite and weight loss
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Elevated body temperature
- Skin ulceration and infection, the result of picking at imaginary bugs
- Increased blood pressure
- For pregnant women - premature labor detachment of the placenta, and low birth weight babies with possible neurological damage.
- For intravenous (IV) users -AIDS, hepatitis infections and sores at the injection site, and' infection of the heart lining and valves.